Friday, January 6, 2017

Shola- Anabelle W

I was expecting a more egotistical cook when we met Shola, but I thought he was kind and incredibly informative. The article may have illustrated him when he was forced to share the kitchen with another chef, but Shola definitely didn't come across like he was described. The food was delicious, especially the pizza and I thought the entire theme of the meal was really cool. Also, induction cooking is amazing. I still can barely comprehend how the stove doesn't even get warm. I want to get one for the kitchen at my house because its so awesome.

Shola was so innovative when cooking that I think he has achieved the title of a chef. A chef, to me, is someone who devotes their life to experimenting and creating different foods. He definitely fits that profile. Shola immerses himself in books, but he also makes his own ideas. There are a variety of experiments set up around the kitchen, from fermenting peppers to sizzling cornbread. If I were to describe Shola to someone, I would refer to him as a chef, not a cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment