Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Caramelized Onions! by Parisa



My Video  (watch in 108060fps)



I didn't use a recipe, but here a one similar to mine.
I think caramelizing my onions went very well. They smelled amazing while they were cooking, and they cooked faster than I expected. However, they didn't get as sweet as I wanted them to, so I had to add around 1 tsp of sugar last minute, and that made a huge difference in highlighting the sweetness of the onions. Next time, I will probably cook them at a lower heat in the beginning (medium instead of high) and move them around more  because some of the onions had burn marks from the beginning.

2 comments:

  1. Parisa, I not only loved how your onions tasted, I also loved watching your video. My favorite part was when you split the clip of stirring the onions into pictures. The sequence looked so cool and exactly like a tasty video. You should make these for your burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you showed every the point during the process of making the onions, and I like how sped it up so the video did not drag on. One thing to improve would be to describe some of the steps in more detail. For example why did you put butter on the pan or why you needed to add the salt into the onions.

    ReplyDelete