Friday, January 13, 2017

Marigold Kitchen Reflection

Marigold Kitchen was an interesting experience. I am usually not a picky eater but when I see things that do not appetize me, I usually will not enjoy or try them. This happened a good amount at Marigold Kitchen because many of the purees were strange looking, especially the chocolate parsnip and the raisin gel. The first course was some type of cheese with mushrooms in it and bread and raw venison tartar, which I could not gain the courage to eat. The bread was good and the cheese was overall good when I picked out the mushrooms. The second course of carrots were by far my favorite. The parmasean sauce was a little strong but overall tasty. The third course of endives was my least favorite. My taste buds were not reacting well with the vegetable. The fourth course was the lobster barley which was pretty good but very hard and grainy. Also, I am not a big fan of lobster. The fifth course was the steak and chocolate parsnip puree.The reason behind me not enjoying this course was because of the look of the puree and it tasted like beans, which is one of my least favorite foods. Also, the venison was a little too rare for my liking. Last of all, we had a pear and greek yogurt and a pistachio twill, which I only ate the pear because I could not enjoy the rest of the course. Overall, even though I didnt enjoy most of the food, it was a good learning experience and a different way to taste a variety of foods that are rare or made/cooked in mant different ways than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment